Last week, when I went out for dinner with my close friends, one of them asked me how I took care of my handbags so that they are always in good shape. Well…here are the 10 tips:
1. Never put your bags on the floor, but keep them in a plastic box or on the shelf of your wardrobe.
2. Always organize them by size, color and type.
3. Keep your bags stay away from food and drinks or anything that can stain your bags.
4. For the handbags that you do not use very often, stuff them with bubble wrap or tissue paper to maintain the bag shape.
5. Always wrap them in dust bags or cotton pillow cases to avoid mold, dust and damage.
6. Warp the buckle or chain in tissue paper or store chain handles inside the bag to avoid scratching the outside leather.
7. Always protect your bags from makeup and lotions. Don’t put a pen without a cap in your bags.
8. Before storing, empty your bags and clean them every time after use.
9. Protect your bags from humidity, heat or overexposed to sunlight.
10. Never store you bag in a plastic bag.
I hope these tips are useful for you. There are some more information about handbag care I want to share with you. Click Here or visit eHow and eBay to learn more. I found that fashion houses such as Louis Vuitton, Coach and Botkier, also have their own product care pages. Their suggestions should be the best solutions for their own products. If you have any other tips, experience or feedback, feel free to share it with us in the comment section!
Louis Vuitton: Go to “Service”, then “Product Care and Repairs”. It offers different ways to properly care for various material.
Coach: Cleaning and moisturizing products are recommended for different fabrics and leathers.
Botkier: A general idea on how to care your Botkier handbags.
Balenciaga: A general idea to clean Balenciaga bags.
This list will be updated continuously 🙂